Wednesday 22 October 2014

Road to success EP43!

Marli's Road To Success:

Name: Marlinette Newman

Occupation: Professional Free-lance Make-up Artist and Hairstylist.

Goal in life: "To pursue excellence in all that I do. To be excellent in my career. To love others first, learning that I am not the most important person in my life. Basically to live a Godly life - Matthew 6:33. To prioritize my marriage, my husband and family and friends. The rest will follow... a house, career, business, travel etc."

What is success? "Success for me is living a life that has a balance. A life that has a balance between relationships, down-time and work. To be able to treat others as you would like to be treated is also a huge success in life I think. I also strongly believe in passing on what you learn in order to help others build their success! This is part of why I started my YouTube Channel MarliMakeup."

What have you already achieved? "I have managed to build a career where I am my own business, which allows me more freedom to pursue new ideas. I am represented as a Make-up Artist and Hairstylist by one of SA's top artist agencies, Infidels. I have started a "brand" MarliMakeup which has opened up a platform for me to pass on what I know via my Tutorial Videos, Instagram and Blog. I have and am still learning to love others first before judging them. To truly care for others! I have an amazing husband who is my best friend, and a very close knit family."

What do you want to achieve? "This is always a tough question. I do have goals to grow more in all areas of my life, to walk this life with great expectations and less fear and see where it takes me. In my mind I do have dreams like starting another business, that my YouTube Channel www.youtube.com/user/marlimakeup would grow further so that more people can learn the Art of Make-up through my easy tutorials, to help others' dreams come true, ... etc BUT all that said I am always in God's hands. I have learnt that his plans are always greater than mine, and that is more exciting than any goals that I can come up with."

Wishing you all the best on your journey Marli, we need more people like you in this world and we all definitely need to adopt a habit of putting others first. What an inspiration you are!

Visit her 'on point' make-up blog MarliMakeup at http://marlimakeup.com. Follow her on twitter @marlimakeup and watch all her 'easy-to-do' make-up tutorials at www.youtube.com/user/marlimakeup.

Peace. Happiness. Success.
X

You'll never change your life until you change something you do daily.  The secret of your success is found in your daily routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment