Saturday 21 March 2015

Road to success EP62!

Raylene's Road To Success:

Name: Raylene Harvey

Occupation: 

Goals: "My biggest goal in life is to have my own fashion design label. With my full time day job it's a bit difficult to go to fashion school, so I have been spending a lot of after hours and late nights researching, self studying and making my own clothes. I use my blog as a platform to showcase and style my garments and allow readers to share in my journey with me. I've been doing this since 2013 and it's been an enriching experience so far!"

What is success? "I measure success by the amount of smiles the journey toward reaching my goals brings me - not solely by what I've achieved. You could eventually reach your goals and have all you ever dreamed about, but if you're unhappy, you will always be left feeling unsatisfied and wanting more, and then that success means nothing. I make it my mission to embrace the journey and enjoy the good, the bad, and the ugly that faces me on my journey towards achieving my goals."

What success have you achieved? "I have so many people inboxing me and asking me to make them clothes, and asking "When are you starting your own online store?"! I've received so many positive messages and words of encouragement from family, friends and readers. I also receive lots of messages from readers telling me how much I am inspiring them. I feel so blessed to be surrounded by such an amazing and supportive network. While I don't believe that affirmation from others is a "success", I do see it as the cherry on the cake, motivating me on my path.
I've also been featured on various platforms (blogs, brand pages, websites) including Becoming You, Stylish South Africa, StyleGF, ZA Lookbook, SKV Fashion, Forever 21, The Stylista, Truworths, Call It Spring, African Fashion Bloggers, Blackcherry Handbags, YDE, Edgars, Fly Fashion Doll... and all this happened in less than 9 months of launching the Scarlet Aura blog! Again, I see all of these "features" as a solid indication that I must be doing something right! I truly feel so honoured and grateful."

What success do you want to achieve? "Right now I want to be able to make any garment quickly and effortlessly. For me the biggest thing is to always challenge myself. For example, I try different techniques of making garments, or I try a new style of garment. I just recently finished a collared and cuffed shirt! It was an interesting journey of endless mistakes, late nights, and fabric wasting, but I finished it! The point is - I see all the little successes of the challenges I set myself as major stepping stones toward my ultimate goal. By practicing lots, I know I can only get better at it." 

Good luck and all the best on your journey Raylene...

Visit her lovely blog Scarlet Aura at www.scarletaura.com and follow her on twitter @RayleneHarvey and Facebook at Scarlet Aura.

Peace. Happiness. Success.
X



No comments:

Post a Comment