I'm planning on doing a "Goals for 2015" post soon (I know what some of you are thinking... and NO it's never too late to set goals). I found this picture below on Pinterest and I thought it was perfect for the theme of the blog since we do aim to inspire and encourage. I don't know about you but when it comes to staying inspired, it's definitely an on going process for me. I have to keep myself inspired daily so I can achieve all my daily goals. The tips on the picture are helpful and relevant to everybody. It pretty much covers every aspect. And that's amazing!
Here's a summary of the tips:
- Drink a glass of water. This cannot be stressed enough. Water is important for the functioning of our bodies. Staying hydrated helps maintain the balance of body fluids and helps detoxify it as well, it keeps your skin moisturized and soft and maintains elasticity in the skin, helps in weight loss, muscle efficiency etc. It has many benefits. If you don't like the taste of water then infuse some fruits in your water to help it taste better or better yet just add some lemon into your water.
- Move and sweat. Exercise is important not only if you're trying to lose weight but just for general health. There are a lot of lifestyle diseases out there and I always say prevention is better than cure. So walk, run, gym, play tennis, walk the dog, do whatever to get that exercise in.
- Get some sleep. This tip for me is a tease. As a med student sleep is a luxury which unfortunately you won't always have. But whenever I can I get that sleep in. If you are like me then aim for 4-6 hours of sleep. If you're a 'normal' person then 6-8 hours is perfect and sufficient.
Plan your day!
- Top 3 tasks. Make a list of the 3 most important things you have to do. Do those first every morning and then do the rest once you're finished. Having accomplished that will make you feel like you're on top of the world, trust me I know! Prioritize, it makes things easier and keeps you inspired to do more as you complete each task.
- The 50/10 rule. Work and focus for 50 mins straight and then take a break for 10 mins. You'll have a lot done that way. And 10 mins is enough to stretch or take a walk or get some water, it'll minimize procrastination and get things done.
- Reflect daily. Evaluate yourself and how your day was. Did you achieve everything you wanted to? What can you do differently tomorrow to better your day, to make it more productive or to be a better person? Did you make someone's day? Are you happy with the person you are? Reflect and take time to just think about your life and how good you have it.
- Reading. Knowledge is Power! Learn about the world and read to further your knowledge, it'll benefit you in the long run.
- Browsing. Learn. Do tutorials. You can never know enough! Stay updated.
- Brainstorm. Think of ideas that will help you at work. Think of how you can achieve more of your goals. You can brainstorm about anything you like. If you're a romantic for example, brainstorm how you can spoil your partner on Valentines Day.
Focus on what makes you happy...NB! NB! NB!
- Express gratitude. Gratitude definitely promotes happiness. Be thankful. There are many people out there who are not as privileged as most of us are. Give thanks and cherish the things you have, family, friends, your job, your car, the fact that you are able to study or afford clothing and food. Whatever it may be, give thanks!
- Clean your desk. A messy desk is chaotic and just defeats you and puts you off work. Keep your desk clean so you can feel inspired to work and tackle what you have to do.
- Indulge in your favourite things. Be it your hobbies, spending time with the family or spouse, going to the movies, travelling, volunteering... there's a lot you can do to help you stay grounded and happy. Family and friends are important so don't neglect them.
Hope you all stay inspired. The blog is always here if you need your dose of daily motivation and encouragement. Here's to an amazing 2015 *whoop whoop*!
Peace. Happiness. Success.