Wednesday 12 August 2015

Road to success EP92!

Desola's Road To Success:

Name: Desola Oluwakemi Mako

Occupation: "Architect, Blogger at www.deemako.com, Communicator and Creative Director."

Goals: "To be successful at everything I lay my hands on and to make some money while at it."

What is success? "Happiness, Joy and Fulfillment. For me success only truly occurs when you feel any of these three feelings. One is never truly entirely successful till death as the more you live the more you set new goals but when you accomplish them, there is a feeling of satisfaction that translates into happiness, joy and fulfillment and maybe even pride in one's self and contentment, that for me is success."

What success have you achieved? "A whole lot, a few of them are that I have been successful in the area of education, crossing hurdles and keeping at it. I am also successfully running a blog which a while back seemed like would never happen. I have successfully ran and advised young businesses and people and their growths and successes have translated into mine."

What success do you want to achieve? "A whole lot also, I am yet to get married, have kids, start my dream businesses, build my house and even serve God the way I want to. I still want to travel the world, touch more lives and even personally become a better person and have a wider and vast knowledge about other subjects."

"I would like to add that the road to success is not easy at all. I personally am a doubter and a worrier, when I was in high school and earlier during my university days, I worried I wasn't smart enough, I worried I would never learn how to drive, I worried I would never be good enough, I NEVER THOUGHT I DESERVED WHAT  EVERYONE HAD, a lot of this worrying held me back and stopped me from doing so much but then I started to change my thoughts by challenging myself to do all those things I thought I would never be able to do, I started to drive all by myself and I started to engage in smart 'convos', I also started to teach tutorials and everyone started to call me intelligent and some said I was a go 'getter'. I realized at that point that all I ever want I can be and all I ever will be will be by my hand.
SO if you are reading this for inspiration, forget about those voices in your head and CHASE THAT DREAM. GO FOR IT. DON'T COMPARE YOURSELF WITH YOUR FRIENDS. DON'T LET THE CIRCUMSTANCES OF YOUR LIFE AFFECT YOU. YOU ARE BETTER THAT EVERYONE BECAUSE YOU ARE YOU. 
Lastly don't measure success by material things, don't be money orientated because when you are down money can't lift you up, but a nice email from someone you helped, inspired or touched will not only lift you up but it will also inspire you as well.
Thank you and be successful."

All the best on your road to success Desola and thank you so much for the wise and inspiring words...

Visit her blog Dee Mako at www.deemako.com. Follow Desola on Twitter** @dee_mako, Instagram** dee_mako and Google+** +DESOLA MAKO.

Peace. Happiness. Success.
X

No comments:

Post a Comment