Mistake is defined as “an act or judgment that is misguided or wrong.” Used as a verb it is defined as “be wrong about.” I give you the definitions just so we all on the same page.
Here is my truth about mistakes:
- Learn from them. You cannot be making the same mistakes over and over.
- Always a lesson. No matter how bad a mistake may seem or how big or small it may be, there’s always something to take out of it. There’s always a lesson you needed to learn so you make wiser decisions next time around.
- They don’t define you. Have you seen those people who wear their mistakes and carry them around with them? Like why? Deal with it, Learn and then Let it go. Mistakes are not a characteristic or part of your DNA. You made a mistake now move on.
- They are there for second chances. They help you do something right the second time around.
- Help us grow. You cannot grow without knowing the difference between what’s right and what’s wrong, what to do and what not to do. Mistakes help us grow by helping us learn.
- Build character. They help you do things right the second time around therefore you’re not only wiser but you more confident and most importantly you never gave up, you bounced back from your mistake making you more courageous and weak free.
- Opportunity to do things right the 2nd time around.
- Provide experience.
- Mistakes differ from person to person so don’t force your mistakes on anybody and don’t accept the same from anybody else, don’t compare your mistakes to other people’s mistakes.
- Mistakes are… just that.
A few poems about mistakes I know you’ll enjoy:
I made a lot of mistakes,
But mistakes made me wiser,
Pain makes me stronger.
It’s okay to make mistakes,
It’ll make you wiser,
So you won’t make the same one again.
By: Alicia Kamimski
Mistakes are merely lessons.
Lessons that no one likes to learn.
Parents try and protect us from.
Most see mistakes as regrets.
They help us learn and grow.
Whether good or bad we’ve learned.
The reasons may not be clear.
But mistakes are not negative.
Everyday there are new mistakes to make.
Don’t be afraid to take risks.
There’s no such thing as a mistake.
Only lessons learned.
Make No Mistake…
not One make.”
By: Damian Murphy
If we learn from our mistakes, then making no mistakes is our greatest mistake.
By: Carlos Caloca
I would also like to add that making a mistake doesn’t make you a failure. Look at it as an opportunity to grow and learn. Get back up and say to yourself “Lesson learnt”. The best way to deal with mistakes is to turn them into your success. Read how to turn your mistakes/failure into success here.
I would love to hear about how you overcame your mistakes, comment below and motivate someone today.
Peace. Happiness. Success.